- CLAYBARNS, a village, in the parish of Newton, county of Edinburgh, ¼ of a mile (E. by S.) from Newton; containing 187 inhabitants. It lies east of the high road from Dalkeith to Edinburgh.
A Topographical dictionary of Scotland. Samuel Lewis. 1856.
Look at other dictionaries:
Newton — 1) NEWTON, a village, in the parish of Great Cumbray, Isle and county of Bute; containing 444 inhabitants. It is seated at the head of a capacious and finelysheltered harbour, called Kames bay, where vessels of considerable burthen may have… … A Topographical dictionary of Scotland